Marketing is Evil or not? Why Marketing has an image problem?
What is Marketing really? Do you want to know ?
Than this article is absolutely for you,
Lets start with the answer,
• Marketing is NOT evil when it is honest and ethical. It is only evil when it is deceptive and only benefits the already wealthy.
• Every business talks about ‘marketing’, but most never really define it. There are many debates, disagreements and myths about what marketing is.The function of ‘Marketing’ is very misunderstood. Many think it is Sales. Others think it’s advertising or branding. Some even think that marketing is waste of time, money & resources, but it’s much more than that. Here’s my simple definition of ‘marketing’ that may be helpful…
‘Marketing’ is anything we do to increase the demand for, or sales of, what we sell.
• Marketing means you have to give much more than you hope to receive. Great marketers are passionate teachers, giving away their expertise with only the hope that they are helping people.
The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself… The aim of marketing is to make selling superfluous.” – Peter Drucker.
In this article, I’m going to talk about:
- The Fundamentals of Marketing
- Digital Marketing V/s Traditional Marketing
- The CATT Framework
- Integrated Digital Marketing
- Personal Branding
Fundamentals Of Marketing:
- Know your Target audience
What is Target audience means?
The specific group of people you want to reach with your channels. They are the people who are most likely to be interested in your content, products, or services.
Remember: You can sell to everyone, but you can’t target everyone with all of your content.
Finding a target audience means discovering what kind of people are most likely to be interested in your service or product.
- Educate your target audience
Now, you having an idea of your target audience so, it’s important for you to educate them about the products features & why they should buy your product or service.
- A Strong Call to Action
You are aware about your target audience Now, you must focus on what you want your audience to do. What’s the call to action?
If you want their email ids, you can offer them a signup form to fill in their details.
Do you want them to call you or contact you through email?
Then ,You must put your email id or phone number in bold if you want them to contact you directly.
• Measure, Monitor, Report, and Learn
After doing all the above three steps its important to know,
What were the results? Did they meet our expectations? If so, why? If not, why? Know the answers to these questions. Either you suceed or Either you learn from your mistakes.
Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing means using digital channels such as websites and social media as tools for marketing communication.
Some of the common digital marketing methods are:
- Search Engine Marketing (PPC)
- Search Engine Optimization (Organic Traffic)
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Display Marketing
- Content Marketing
What is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional marketing refers to any type of marketing that isn’t online. This means print, broadcast, direct mail, phone, and outdoor advertising like billboards. From newspapers to radio, this method of marketing helps reach targeted audience.
It includes the following modes:
- Billboard advertising along roads and highways.
The debate between traditional and digital marketing is long and lasting. It ultimately comes down to which one fits the needs of your company. When trying to choose between traditional and digital marketing, why not look at both?
Ultimately both types of marketing have their benefits and downfalls, but the key is it all depends on what your goals are, how much money you can spend and the resources available to do it. The bottom line is that you need to fully understand your business and your audience to pick the strategy that’s better for you.
CATT Marketing Funnel
Wealth = n ^ CATT
Where ^ denotes power. Where your niche (n) will be successful and powerful with the CATT you will apply.
• N — stands for Niche. The unique no.1 offering you have for your audience
• C — stands for Content. Content is the King of Digital marketing. Content can be anything like blogs, emails, videos, podcasts, webinars, posters, landing pages etc.
• A — stands for Attention. Attention to the content you create is crucial to generate traffic and spread awareness about your products or services.
Pulling traffic to your content through paid ads , SEO, Social Media.
• T — stands for Trust. Building trust is crucial for a business to grow and expand.
Build trust with your audience with marketing automation retargeting.
• T — stands for Transaction. Convert leads into customers.
Integrated Digital Marketing
Integrated Digital Marketing is the combination of all the digital marketing methods.
Every medium of digital marketing is interlinked.
Generally people focus on one or two techniques of digital marketing but if you really want growth & want to expand your business then you have to use all the techniques together in an integrated way.
Content is the king.Great content can help you build trust with your leads and customers.
• Social Media
Social media is becoming one of themost important aspects of digital marketing which increases your brand awareness, and boost your leads and sales. There are some social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube, Twitter etc.
SEO Search Engine Optimization
It helps to rank the website and get yourself ranked on a particular keyword.
• Paid advertising
It is the most affordable and useful channel of advertising that helps to target the customers and get leads through awareness and advertising.
• Email marketing
This platform is very fast & cost effective way of reaching new customer.It’s your opportunity to speak directly to them in their inbox, at a time that is convenient for them.
• Sell & Convert
Once they are convinced then they will convert into your customer.
“A brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room”.
Here arises a question,
- What is your favourite brand of laptop, toothpaste, or electric vehicles?
There are thousands of companies that are producing these categories of product, but when confronted with such a question, most of us would hardly take more than a few seconds to give our answers. We have only a few names picked out for each. That’s how branding works. It helps one to quickly differentiate a product or a service from other similar products or services. From a marketer’s point of view, branding, therefore, can be a magic wand for success.
Your personal brand is how you promote yourself. It is the unique combination of skills, experience, and personality that you want your followers to see. It is the telling of your story, and the impression people gain from your online reputation.
Marketing is WAY more than advertising, sales or branding, it is the guiding GPS that helps the business find and land more business.If you want your business to grow. Marketing is the heart of your business’s success.
Without marketing, human innovations would never have found their way outside the caves, sheds or laboratories they were created in.Positive change will not happen until people are moved to action. Marketing is necessary.
I hope you understand the concept.
Hope you liked it.